Shoulders Fixed!!

Good news and bad news. Good news first: I’ve fixed the shoulders! It totally works in 99% of the poses he could possibly make. Now, the bad news: the rig is perfect, but not animate-able. For starters, I smoothed my lo-rez version, deleted the history and started rigging the hi-rez because Maya 4.5 can’t smooth UVs (but now Maya 5 fixed that problem). Secondly, there is little flexibility with this rig because its so anatomically correct (for a guy whose legs arent attached to his body) So, I’m going to declare today the end of the R&D portion of this project. I’m going to start over with all the above considerations in mind. I’m not sweating it 🙂 I had a feeling I would be doing this somewhere around now because there was so much I didn’t know. So it’s time to kick it into high gear and start over with hindsight in mind!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s